Lately I feel as though I’ve been lazy with God.
When I know I should read my Bible I’ll sleep too late to make that a possibility. To me reading my Bible is of the utmost importance because scripture is how I know Him because He already knows me. I just got off the phone with a friend and she was asking me about scripture and I realized I didn’t know the scripture that I was thinking of I want to fix that. This is not really a box checking of what I think a Christian should do or anything like that, but a personal thing that I want to be able to achieve which is: to know my Bible well enough to think about an idea and know at least what book it’s in. Which is not an easy task since there are 66 books in the Bible, but at least from the ones that I quote the most which would be Philippians, Psalms and the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John).
I’m writing all this down so that I can look back on this and be like “I never did that let me lock in” or so I can look back at this like “wow I can’t believe I did it.”
This is where I feel like my people pleasing works in my benefit. I write it down for the public to read people see it, and I think I have to uphold myself to standard that I already set. This can work in the negative, but I choose to let it work in my positive.
No comments:
Post a Comment