I was just talking about this last night, but I really hope that I’m a loving example of Him in my life.
When things go bad in the life of the people around me do I feel like someone they could go to, for questions about Him, about why He has done what He does, or how to know more about Him.
I remember in high school an old friend of mine had said something along the lines of “I’m coming to you with this because I know you would be gentle with me” in reference to questions about God. I didn’t realize it at the time but I think that’s one of my favorite compliments I’ve gotten in my life. That I would treat her gently, I feel like that’s where I let Him shine through me in those moments.
I hope that wasn’t just a one off, that those outside the church feel like I can be a place of understanding only because of Him. And I hope they know that last part as well, that it’s only because of Him that I am the good parts of myself.
I hope to show love, kindness, goodness, gentleness, compassion, and light to others and hope that I am a good example of Him to others through those qualities.
No comments:
Post a Comment